Thank you for your interest in our website. The protection of your personal data is important to us. Below you will find information about how we handle your data that is collected through your use of our website. Your data will be processed in accordance with the legal data protection regulations.
Controller within the meaning of data protection law:
Genius Bytes Software Solutions GmbH / www.geniusbytes.com
Data Protection Officer
Once you visit our website, it is technically necessary that data is transmitted to our web server via your internet browser. The following data is recorded during an active connection for communication between your internet browser and our web server
- Date and time of the request
- Name of the requested file
- Page from which the file was requested
- Access status
- Web browser used and operating system used
- (Full) IP address of the requesting computer
- Transmitted amount of data
We collect the listed data in order to guarantee a frictionless connection establishment and to enable a comfortable use of our website by the users. The log file also serves for evaluating system security and stability as well as administrative purposes. The legal basis for the temporary storage of data or log files is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
These cookies enable us to recognize your browser on your next visit. In some cases, cookies are used to simplify website processes by saving settings (e.g. settings that have already been made during previous visits). If personal data are also processed by individual cookies implemented by us, the processing is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR either to fulfil the contract, or in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and a customer-friendly and effective design of the site visit.
In order to accept or refuse all or certain cookies, you can set up your browser to inform you when cookies are set. You can also activate the automatic deletion of cookies when closing the browser. The cookie settings for the respective browsers can be customised under the following links:
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/de-DE/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=de&hlrm=en&answer=95647
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=de_DE
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/de/cookies.html
You can also individually manage the cookies of many companies and functions that are used for advertising purposes. Details about the user tools are available at https://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices.
Most browsers also offer a “do-not-track- feature” This feature allows you to indicate that you do not want to be “tracked” by websites. When the function is activated, the browser will tell ad networks, websites and applications that you do not want to be tracked for the purpose of behaviour-based advertising and such like. For information and instructions on how to use this feature, see the links below:
- Mozilla Firefox: https://www.mozilla.org/de/firefox/dnt/
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17288/windows-internet-explorer-11-use-do-not-track
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2790761?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en-GB
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21416?locale=de_DE
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/12.10/de/notrack.html
Please note that deactivating cookies may limit the functionality of this website.Change your cookie settings
You have the option of registering for certain services provided on our website https://download.geniusbytes.com/ and thus creating a user profile. We collect and use the following personal data as part of registration and setup:
- First name/Last name
- e-mail- address
- Password of your choice
- Freely selectable username
Mandatory information provided for the purpose of registration is marked with an asterisk as a mandatory field in the input mask. There is no obligation to use a clear name, a pseudonymous use is possible. For registration, we use the so-called double opt-in procedure, i.e. your registration is not completed until you have confirmed your registration by clicking on the link contained in a confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose. If your confirmation in this regard is not received promptly, your registration will automatically be deleted from our database. Furthermore, we store the voluntary data provided by you for the duration of your use of the portal, unless you delete it beforehand. All data, except for your username, can be administered and changed in the protected customer area. With your user account you have the possibility to use further parts of our website and to log in for the offers you have purchased. The legal basis for data processing with consent is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR or Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR if the processing is necessary to provide the desired services. Your data will be deleted as soon as the user account on our website is deleted and insofar as there are no legal storage obligations. As a rule, you can change and/or delete your user account, including the data you have entered, directly in your user account after logging in or by sending a corresponding message to the responsible person named in the introduction.
This website uses the following analysis tools for statistical evaluation of visitor access. The purpose of data collection and analysis is to optimize and maintain our website.
With these tools superficial statistics about the visitors of a website can be created. For example, it is possible to record how many visitors have called up a particular page and what proportion of them use which browser and come via the mobile version.
WP-Statistics is a product of the development team VeronaLabs.
The statistics of WP-Statistics are based on the data that are necessarily transmitted for the connection between the Web browser and the Web server (see Log Data). WP Statistics does not use a cookie.
The protection of your privacy and personal data is a priority when using WP Statistics. WP Statistics itself does not collect any other visitor data. Instead, WP Statistics anonymizes IP addresses of visitors before storing them. It is therefore not possible to personally identify a visitor, even retrospectively.
The statistics of Matomo are stored inhouse. An essential cookie is used. For connection establishment, browser, country, city and visited pages are stored if possible.
User data is not collected.
IP addresses are made anonymous.
Google Web Fonts
- (1) Our website uses “Google Web Fonts”, a service of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter referred to as: “Google”). Google Web Fonts enables us to use external fonts, so-called Google Fonts. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly. This is necessary so that your browser can display a visually improved presentation of our texts. If your browser does not support this feature, a default font will be used by your computer. The integration of these web fonts is done by a server call, usually a Google server in the USA. The page of our website you have visited will be transmitted to the server. Also, the IP address of the browser of the terminal of the visitor of Google is stored.
- (2) We use Google Web Fonts for optimization purposes to improve the use of our website for you and to make its design more user-friendly.
- (3) This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- (4) Google has submitted to the Privacy Shield Agreement concluded between the European Union and the USA and certified itself. By doing so, Google undertakes to comply with the standards and regulations of European data protection law. Further information can be found in the following linked entry: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active
- (5) Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Further information about Google Web Fonts can be found at:
http://www.google.com/webfonts/, https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq?hl=de-DE&csw=1 and
Social Media Plugins
On our websites the following plugins of the social networks are integrated:
- Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, California 94025, USA,
- Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA,
- Pinterest Inc., 808 Brannan St., San Francisco, CA 94103
- LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
You can recognize the plugins of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn by the company logo or the “Like-Button” on our website.
When you visit our website, the plugins will establish a direct connection between your browser and the servers of the respective providers, even if you do not have a social media profile or are not logged in to one of the social media networks. The content of the plug-in is directly transferred by the respective provider to your browser and integrated into the website by it. We therefore have no influence on the extent of the data that the respective provider collects with the help of this plug-in.
This information (including your IP address) is directly transferred from your browser to a server in the USA. If you interact with the plugins, for example by clicking on the “Like” button or making a comment, this information is also directly transferred to a social network server and stored there.
In order to ensure greater protection of your data when visiting our website, these buttons are only loaded as plugins if you have given us your consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR.
If you do not wish the social networks to be able to assign visits to our page, you can object to the loading of the social media plug-ins by Sharethis and thus the data processing processes described above by objecting to this use via our cookie banner.
The social networks mentioned here, which are based in the USA, are certified for the US-European data protection agreement “Privacy Shield”, which guarantees compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU.
Further information on this can be found in the data protection declarations of the respective providers at:
On our website LinkedIn, Twitter etc. are solely embedded as a link to the respective service. Furthermore, we refer from our website to further websites belonging to us. After clicking on the embedded text/image-link you will be directed to the website of the respective provider. User information will be only transferred after the redirection to the respective provider. Information regarding the use of your personal data through the use of the website can be found in the privacy policies of the visited websites.
Please also note our disclaimer
Data Transfer and Recipients
Your personal data is not transferred to third parties, unless
- we have explicitly pointed this out in the description of the respective data processing.
- you have given your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the transfer pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and our legitimate interests are not overridden by your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- there is a legal obligation to transfer data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- required by Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR for the execution of contractual relationships with you.
In addition, we use external service providers for the processing of our services, whom we have carefully selected and commissioned in writing. They are bound by our instructions and are regularly monitored by us. Required data processing agreements pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR are concluded before the commission. In particular, these contracts concern web hosting services, the dispatch of emails and IT updates and maintenance. Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties by our service providers.
In accordance with Art. 32 GDPR and taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs and the nature, scope, circumstances and purposes of the processing as well as the varying probability of occurrence and severity of the risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk.
This website uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content.
The period for which the personal data will be stored is determined by the relevant statutory storage periods (e.g. from commercial law and tax law). The corresponding data is deleted routinely upon expiry of the respective period. If data is required for the fulfilment of a contract or contract initiation, or if we have a legitimate interest in further storage, the data will be deleted if they are no longer required for these purposes or if you make use of your right of withdrawal or objection.
In the following, you will find information about your data subject rights, which the current data protection law grants you against the controller concerning the processing of personal data:
The right, pursuant to Art. 15GDPR, to obtain information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data concerned, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged period for which the data will be stored, the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure or personal data or restriction of processing of personal data concerning you or to object such processing, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences.
The right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning you. in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR.
The right to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
The right, pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure and we no longer need the data for the purposes of processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have filed an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR.
The right, in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to us in in a commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit those data to another controller.
The right to withdraw your given consent pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR with effect in the future at any time.
The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work.
The right to withdraw your given consent pursuant to Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR: You have the right to withdraw your given consent concerning the processing of your personal data with effect for the future at any time. In the event of withdrawal, we will delete the data concerned without delay, unless further processing can be based on a legal basis for processing without consent. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal
Right to object
If your personal data is processed by us based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, to object at any time to the processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation. If the objection is directed against the processing of personal data for the purpose of direct marketing, you have a general right of objection without the requirement of stating a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of withdrawal, objection or any of your other rights, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject to change